In The Company of Women
In the Company of Women is now available in paperback!
This unprecedented collection of empowering advice and inspiration features over 100 interviews and portraits of exceptional leaders across a diverse range of races, ages, backgrounds, and industries. In the Company of Women features young media titans and mother-daughter fashion houses, hoteliers and ceramicists, tattoo artists and architects. The paperback edition, featuring a new introduction from Grace Bonney, is available in stores everywhere on September 15, 2020.
- In addition, 50% of the profits from this edition will be distributed, in perpetuity to the women featured in its pages. This book was a group effort and our goal is for the profit structure change to acknowledge and compensate that community.
- Also, the cover of this paper edition features a new selection of women; each subsequent printing will feature a different rotating group of women from the book, with the goal of everyone being featured on the front or back cover.
Want to order a copy? Here’s how!
You can order a SIGNED COPY for $19.95 at Oblong Books
- Avid Bookshop
- Barnes & Noble
- Duende District Bookstore
- Oblong Books
- Wild Geese Bookshop
- Your Closest Independent Bookstore
In the Company of Women: Inspiration and Advice from over 100 Makers, Artists, and Entrepreneurs is an unprecedented collection of empowering advice and inspiration. It is available in stores everywhere!
Across the globe, women are embracing the entrepreneurial spirit and overcoming adversity to start their own creative businesses. In the Company of Women, Grace Bonney’s new book, features interviews and portraits of 100 of these exceptional leaders across a diverse range of races, ages, backgrounds, and industries. There are young media titans and mother-daughter fashion houses, hoteliers and ceramicists, tattoo artists and architects. Each inspiring interview is accompanied by lush, original photographs of the women in their workspaces—and together, the women’s stories paint a beautiful picture of what female entrepreneurs can achieve if they work hard and support one another. Chock-full of practical, empowering advice for the next generation of entrepreneurs and makers, these interviews offer insights into what success really means, overcoming obstacles, staying true to yourself, and so much more.
Where to Buy (and pre-order) In the Company of Women:
Outside of the US:
Grace is available for speaking (she gives talks and moderates panels on topics related to women, business, inclusivity and creativity). Please email here for details, rates and availability.
Book Tour 2016
- Oct 5: New York, NY (Tickets and details here!) SOLD OUT
- Oct 6: Boston, MA (Tickets and details here!) SOLD OUT
- Oct 7: Austin, TX (Tickets and details here!)
- Oct 13: Atlanta, GA (Tickets and details here!) SOLD OUT
- October 16: Chicago, IL (Tickets and details here!)
- Oct 17: Los Angeles, CA (Tickets and Details here!)
- Oct 18: Seattle, WA (Tickets and details here) SOLD OUT
- Oct 22: Rhinecliff, NY (Tickets and details here!) SOLD OUT
- Oct 25: Washington, D.C. (Tickets and details here!) SOLD OUT
- Oct 27: San Francisco, CA (Tickets and details here!) SOLD OUT
- Oct 28: Marin, CA (Tickets and details here!) SOLD OUT
- November 10: Philadelphia, PA (Tickets and details here!) SOLD OUT
Advance Praise for In the Company of Women
“Grace’s excellent book is full of empowering business advice from a diverse group of inspirational and talented women.”
“Grace Bonney has given us our favorite icons, heroes, and bandit queens in one of the oldest living forms of communication: a book. Enjoy, dear readers, for each page turn is a meditation on the power of the Divine Feminine.”
—Jill Soloway, creator of Transparent
“These amazing stories will surely spark something deep within us all: the courage to dream and the fortitude to make those dreams happen.”
—Joanna Gaines, owner of Magnolia, host of HGTV’s Fixer Upper
“A joyful book that celebrates both the diversity of beauty and the beauty of diversity: in race, age, size, sexuality, and ways of thinking.”
—Hanya Yanagihara, New York Times bestselling author of A Little Life
“I want to rip out every page of this glorious book and hang them on my wall so that I can be surrounded by these incredible women all day long.”
—Emma Straub, New York Times bestselling author of The Vacationers and Modern Lovers
“A world of insight from an array of intriguing, trailblazing women. And the photography is gorgeous!”
—Padma Lakshmi, author of Love, Loss, and What We Ate: A Memoir
“I hope this book becomes an almanac that will continue to expound on the work and the lives of everyday cis, trans, and queer women and women of color who are building and becoming businesses, and that will remind other exceptional women that they are in good company.”
—Angelica Ross, founder of TransTech and star of Her Story
Press Praise for In the Company of Women
On the Purple Couch (podcast)
Better Homes & Gardens (Sept issue)
Family Circle (Sept issue)
Cosmopolitan (Sept issue)
The Introvert Entrepreneur (podcast)